Sunday, September 16, 2012

So now that it's seven months later...

Dear Michael Somogyi,

Sorry it's been seven months since I updated the blog I forgot I had. Luckily for you we've spoken in the past seven months so it's not like you've been totally in the dark about my life. When we last left this blog I had just gotten a job but still didn't have an office so I was mostly just sitting in my apartment doing research. As I'm sure you know all that has changed. 

Life has become crazy with my non stop workaholicness. I think to myself when did I become a work a holic? That does not sound like me. My dear friend Chava told me that it's not that I'm a work-a-holic it's that I'm a person of extremes. Work hard, play hard, laze about hard. I support this analysis. 

I love work. It's interesting and busy and I totally dig all the people I work with even if I'm like the least political person in the world and usually have zero idea what they're talking about. This job has been so sensational for me as a person in terms of learning my strengths and weaknesses and learning how capable I am. Surprisingly the more support you get the more you are able to do. Well the more support I get, maybe  not you. Maybe you're a superstar and can succeed based on your own superbness. 

Anyway here it is erev rosh hashana and I'm sitting in the hallway of my cousins' house while some people cook and some people sleep (I did all my cooking and sleeping days ago). Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur have always been a bit of a struggle for me. It always kind of seemed fake. I know I did something wrong but come on I'm 26 I'm sorry but I'm probably going to do those things again. But as I grow older and wiser I have learned that it's more about the internalizing of the mistakes and the recognition that it might not have been the best year but I can do better. And if I care I will. I think I care. I'm trying to. 

I don't really like these generic Rosh Hashana messages, especially on facebook. Way to put in some effort. But I will say to you that I do hope that this is a good year. There are so many things up in the air that we don't really have any control over but I think that a killer Rosh Hashana will help put us in the mind frame of being able to handle what may or may not be coming.

Sorry it's been a while since I've written. A happy and healthy shana tova to you and everyone else I know. 

Love,

Shira 

ps. don't forget to register to vote! 

No comments:

Post a Comment